How to Become an EVfriendly Certified
Mechanical Repair Facility
A Program Developed and Administered by the Automotive Retailers Association and its Strategic Partners
Becoming an EVfriendly-Certified Auto Service Centre assures your customers that you and your employees are trained and qualified to service and repair EVs in a responsible and safe manner.
The Certification Process
To become an EVfriendly-Certified mechanical repair facility, there are four steps:
- Download and read the program guide
- Have all employees complete the applicable EVfriendly online training
- Download the self-audit checklist and ensure you can check all the applicable boxes
- Complete the online application and verification form, and pay the registration fee
At lease one automotive service technician at an approved EVfriendly facility must complete one of the following training to be referred to as EV technician:
- BCIT – Auto 4011 Electric Vehicle Technology and Service
- Automotive Training Centre – Automotive Hybrid Technology
- Okanagan College, visit: https://www.okanagan.bc.ca/
- College of New Caledonia, visit: https://cnc.bc.ca/
- Camosun College, visit: http://camosun.ca/
Employees such as parts persons, shop helpers or technicians who are not involved in working directly are required take EVfriendly basic mechanical repair online training.
Ready to begin?
All employees are required to complete the applicable EVfriendly online training courses before you proceed to Step 4. The training is hosted on the ARA Training Centre of Excellence website.
The checklist includes all of the questions included in the application form. By going through it in advance, you will be prepared with everything you need when you apply for certification in Step 4.
When you click the Submit button at the end of the application form, you will be sent to PayPal to pay the registration fee. You can pay by credit card, or with a PayPal account. The special introductory fee is $99+GST per business or business location for the first year. (After the first year, renewals are $399+GST for three years.)